Monday, January 18, 2010

The White Man's Burden Shira 10B

I am who I am . Or more true for now I am is who I was. The devils came in and destroyed who I truly am. They think they are helping us. What they are not getting is that they are just killing us. Killing our minds and killing our spirits. They try to educate us to become like them . Well they are ridiculous....if they think they can do it. They feel so tough coming here and trying to "save us" . I believe that are ways are fine. Living in trails led by our chiefs . That's who we are. You think we are primitives? Well that's just your fault. I wanna live like I used to kive. In my own freedom in my own society. So what if I didn't wear shoes? or used my hands to eat? this is who I am. So you can't come here and try to change me. So don't think you're doing any favors for us. We would like you to leave and let us live our lives. Without you and your authority. WE know what's right for us. And you? you are just wrong.

" The Sky People have sent us a message that they can take whatever they want and no one can stop them. But we will send them a message, you ride out as fast as the wind can carry you and you tell the other clans to come and tell them Toruk Makto calls to them! And you fly now, with me, my brothers, sisters! And we will show the Sky People that they cannot take whatever they want! And that this... This is our land! "

No comments:

Post a Comment