Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wait, what's going on?!

What the hell?!
Who do you think you are, coming in and telling me what to do, what to say and everything else.

Our ways are fine, I just don't understand what you're doing here.
One minute a misionary is knocking on my door telling me that my religion isn't useful, and I should convert to Christianity or Muslim.. listen and pray to some other God; the next minute I have to give up my land to you guys.
What are we? Children? No? Well, you sure are treating us like one, I mean, it's nice that you build schools, and medical clinics, not to mention some gorgeous churches, but what's in it for you? Are you genuinly caring and helpful? If so, how can I believe you? You took away everything that was once ours: my family, my friends, even my enemies (not that that's a bad thing, but who am I supposed to kill now?); to be slaves in the big land of dreams they call the Americas.

Just like Chief Machemba said to Herman von Wissman: "If it be friendship that you desire, then I am ready for it... but to be your subject, that I cannot be... I do not fall at your feet, for you are God's ceature just as I am."

Confusion can be solved by talking, if you guys just sit down and talk with us, and live our lives for a bit, then you guys can tell us to change. Until then stay out of it, if we can't solve it, then you can't either.

I mean.. I just.. I guess.. well I don't know.. I just, well I just don't understand. Why do we need to change our ways? I guess that's all that I'm asking, is it that hard to give me an honest answer?


Sara de Jong
10A

No comments:

Post a Comment