Monday, January 18, 2010

A black man's burden...

This morning really isn't so good. It is a black man's burden. I remember the days, I'd wake up in the morning and I'd have one aim, to survive. Then when I'd get back after all the hard work and bring my family some things for survival, we'd have our grand family dinners. It was all about living and happiness. There wasn't any time for anything else. Then came these weird looking white people. They wore long red clothes, of this ugly material and wore things on their heads. They came and took our people. Took them to some far away land. We never heard from them again. Those people ruined everything. They took our people and left us in turmoil. We fought our own neighbors. They brought hatred into our hearts. They fooled us. They are inhumane. Those white skinned devils. They think we're stupid. But they don't know what life really is. Life is waking up in the morning and breathing in fresh air. Life is working hard for those that you love. Life is about coming home and feeling a sudden warmth. Life isn't about drinking a stupid cup of tea and speaking like there are a bunch of cockroaches in your mouth. If they think they are helping us by changing us this way, they are wrong. Very wrong. They are by no means helping us or making our lives easier. Look into the future. Do you see Africa as a leading land if these whites take over? I don't think so. It will bring us great sorrow. No culture, no values, no tradition? Then all I can see is sickness and death. That is my home, without culture... death. I can't see my land die like this. The saving my land is a black man's burden.

Himangi Bhavnani

No comments:

Post a Comment