Sunday, January 17, 2010

Response to Take the White Man's Burden - Adriana Baiz

My peaceful world has vanished, my sense of liberty gone. Before I saw black and brothers, now I see white and death. This white spots, appeared one day, and claimed we have a new ruler, they called him "king" as of what they say, it sounded like their God. They kept mentioning that we were now part of them, and thereby have to follow their rules. To be honest at the beginning it made me laugh, but later made me cry.

This white beast, were not only white, but also very different. Their hairs curled or strait, and had many colors. Their eyes, filled with arrogance, could be brown with hatred, or even gray with death. They also wore funny clothing, covering all their human spirit, you could sense their souls suppressed in their bodies, for this cold men didn’t feel any emotions. Except that of ignorance, hatred, and ...power.

To me the real question was always, why did they come? They just appear and want to take the way we live, and destroyed it, trying to change it into "the right way". I don’t see in my land, any of the animals, fighting that way, they just do it on survival. These men instead believe that they are better. When they address us, they do it, in such a way, that they think they are doing us a favor, a favor for what for the end of our world?

My family has always asked me, if it were easier if we just let them be, and try to live like them. To me this is absurd, we can’t let them win, it’s a savage act what they are doing. Yet they call us that. With that arrogance they have, they do not have time to look into their hearts, and feel the reality of our human soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment