Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Letter

Hello Daniel,

Im sick and tired of this thing, when are we going to get over it. I’m feeling sick and not very well, I think I won’t make it. My unit is about 80 troops and they are all stupid people, you can’t even talk to them. We have these two very brutal men that are our leader their names are Maj. Robert Anderson [US]; Brig. Gen. P.G.T. Beauregard [CS]. We had mortars and 43 other guns, they had very weird names. The close we wore was very uncofterble, we had to wear a blouse that’s made out of wool and a forage cap that was very thick and heavy. Our shoes were very uncofterble, they felt like you were wearing a block instead of shoes, and we even had the union knapsack and the canteen that was for water. The food we ate made me vomit, we had to eat Hardtack most of the times it had worms, that’s like a cracker but worse its like u are eating a rock. Sometimes we ate salted pork or bacon, we almost never ate vegetables. We sleep I these buildings that are 3 floors high. I agree to fight in this war because we should all be equal and be treated the same because we all came from one dad and mom. I wouldn’t change sides because I really want the African Americans to be free like us. Please tell me how are you feeling, and how is your fight is it as big as this one?

Regards

Hatem

No comments:

Post a Comment