Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dear:Mother
July20,1862


I fought the Shiloh war on April 6/7, 186 as a Union soldiers to free and to support the black, it was one of the worst things I’ve been trough, physical and emotionally. I went through allot of pain and most nights I couldn't even sleep. I guess it was worthed because I could even stand how bad the southern people where treating the black. We pulled a surprise attack on Gen Ulysses S. grant’s unprepared troops at Shiloh on the Tennessee River results in a bitter struggle with 13,000 unions killed and wounded and 10,000 Confederates. At our camps out side of Tennessee in the wilderness, we camped in tents. Two people shared in each tent, at times it would get awkward. We had a unit of about 30.000 men. I heart that there where more kills in the Shiloh war in all previous American wars combined. My friend and companion bob was killed in the war, he got shoot be one of the union’s soldier. The soldier told me that on April 24, 1862 - 17 Union ships under the command of Flag Officer David Farragut moved up the Mississippi River then took New Orleans, the South's greatest seaport. On June 25 – July 1 we went on a seven day battle the most exhausted and I got injured. I broke my leg and went trough a lot of pain. I could fight any war anymore. Even though I couldn’t fight I still had the sprit to keep on going. July 11, 1862 - After four months as his own general-in-chief, President Lincoln hands over the task to Gen. Henry W. (Old Brains) Halleck. I’m in New York right now, the place where it’s slaves free. I’ll be coming home soon. Take care, much love.



Jordy bosnie





No comments:

Post a Comment