Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Life Has Changed after This

Dear Michael,
July 1, 1863
The union unit consists of 94,589 troops strong, were heading towards Pennsylvania I don’t know exactly where we are heading. Our union commander is George Meade, I am confident that he will lead us to victory I will be looking for you. Make sure you do the same friend; we are armed with the standardized Colts, and Hawken Rifles. Our living conditions were poor we had to all sleep in tents that could barely stand up against the winds. I feel like I’m fighting for our freedom I hope to succeed in this battle coming ahead of us. Maybe I will be able to set you free one day. We are wearing gray and blue uniforms, we ate hardtack for a while it tasted terrible so I usually gave it to my other comrades. I think what I’m doing for you is greatly appreciated by many of the southern citizens. I would not want to change sides because we are fighting for freedom to the people of the United States of America.

From

Dhiren

No comments:

Post a Comment