Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Battle of Chattanooga (UNION)

Dear Barney (Khushbu),

How are you? I miss our friend reunions. I think we should’ve had one of them before leaving; we can’t really trust these people. Who knows if we’ll ever return again? I miss those good old days, when I’d sit in the backyard and watch mom water her “little green garden” in the middle of smoke. Mom and her nature is my best friend theory. Anyways, that’s enough about what I remember; how’s it going on the Confederates side. Are they still all strong about themselves, even though their losing badly? Hope all’s well though. I’m still angry at the fact that they’ve split us. It’s like brother on brother or something.

I’m pretty darn hungry. They say we going low on the food. Well, I not gonna starve myself am I? It’s good I sneaked in some of our homemade yummy food. I’m eating that cookie from your birthday. Really reminds me of home. But it’s not too bad. Once in a while they come down here with some supplies for us. (Any weapons we may need or FOOD!!) If I were my wife, I’d probably tell you about my dark circles! I hardly sleep. It’s not like I can anyways. Miss home too much. Whenever I’m free, I’m either writing these letters or just remembering the good old days. I can’t quite sleep. It’s uncomfortable with these uniforms.

The training here is pretty good, though the battle wasn’t too good or anything. I heard Grant is gonna be coming down here. General James Negley is pretty harsh and proud. According to our plans, we’re going to have a proud moment if we win. Just keep your ears open to hear us scream. Well anyways, he led us into the first battle. We wee in that mini expedition. He really thinks it’s worth it. He’s training us for a while now. I mean thank god, we’re through June. We’re done with that first battle. I don’t get why this battle is supposed to be so grand-come on, 40,000 troops. In the “expedition” we bombarded you guys and had an open fire. I hate cannons. I haven’t had great experiences with those as you remember. Yet I feel the Union is more prepared.

Why can’t these people solve their problem peacefully? They are killing so many people who probably don’t even want to fight. I do support the Union viewpoint, but I wouldn’t want to kill a person to save another person. Does it really make a difference? I mean, if I violate a Confederate’s right, what’s the difference between me and him if he violates a slave’s right? I completely oppose your side’s viewpoint though. So it’s not like I would ever want to fight on your side. I mean it’s completely inhumane to be torturing these slaves. They should get their rights. We do need people to be working in factories and farms, so why not pay them and give them incentives. The quality of work will also improve. We won’t be as divided. I don’t understand. It’s just insane.

Well, I got to go for training. Or else I may have another cannon accident. Hihi! Lots of work around here, I guess you know what I mean. Good luck and I obviously can’t really say I want one of us to have a victory. Hope to see you soon. Miss you. Bye!

Sincerely,
Fred (Himangi)

No comments:

Post a Comment