Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Angelica

Dear friend,
How are you doing, how are you feeling, and how are you dealing with the fact that we will have to fight eachother in some days? Its the first battle my friend, and Im joining the side of the Union. The Battle of Gettysburg...Are you ready?
My father has just left the house, he does not agree with my side of choice, he went down south, he will problably be fighting me too...
My main commander, he told us to have no fear, he told us he will be fighting the battle beside us. I know its not true, comander George Meade is a skinny, measly man. I have a special job, I have to take care of his horse, Old Baldy. The conditions here are of low quality, I dont blame them, they need to feed around 94,000 of us Blue's. We call ourselves that becouse our uniforms are blue. Dark blue. We look like an ocean when we are asked to report in the morning. What color is your uniform, will I be able to see you from a distance, my friend?
I really dont want to hurt you, I dont mind that your on the other side of the battle, but I believe that I'm fighting for the right cause, dont you think letting us be equal is right? Dont you think letting the black folks free, right?
...Are you really this evil in your mind?
I will never change to your side dear friend, But I will always take you in, and take care of you, so please my friend, change your mind. Lets take on this battle together.

Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment