Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Battle of Chattanooga (Stephanie Lde)- Confederate

Dear John (Sandhya),

As I think you might all ready know, we are going to fight against each other. I never imagined us fighting like this. With blood and weapons I mean. We have to wear this grey uniform everyday and we are not even allowed to take our hats off. It really sucks sometimes, because when it’s hot, I just want to take it off already.

Today our leader, Braxton Bragg, told us that we had to prepare all our weapons. We had to set the rifles, clean the guns, sharpen the knives, and prepare our swords. Only when I was doing these things, I was thinking about losing you who was and will always be a good friend and brother. I was so quiet that everyone started asking me what was wrong with me. I got tired of them asking me since we were like 3000 people. I didn’t eat well for like this whole 3 days that passed. We have corn bread as well as corn cakes, fresh beef. They were pretty bad thought! So I didn’t eat for that reason also. I only eat sometimes since I need food to be able to survive. We sleep in tents so when I have to pi or something I have to go in the bushes and do my thing.

Well getting back to my point. It is dam hilarious to be fighting for a dam railroad! I can understand that it benefits you guys to come way further south but it really sucks for us! Not exactly you but your leader. I mean I think this thing of people from the Confederate fighting with their own family or friends from the Union side is just nun sense. We kill each other without even thinking about it. Just because our leaders tell us to do it we do it. It is really hard to kill a friend that has been with you in good and in bad, we kill them ourselves. I would like to be on your side so that we could win against the Confederate. Since we are weak and you guys always win, I don’t want to lose my life for that! I’ll rather be on your side and save my life

I hope you write me back so I can know how you’re doing further. Wish you all the best!

Regards,
Mark (Stephanie Lde).

No comments:

Post a Comment