Monday, December 14, 2009

You Can Do Whatever You Want- Yukari 10C

A friend of the family and me were talking and she told me her story of her life. She told me how bad her life was when she was about my age. She got an argument with her mother and decided to leave her house. She went to Cartagena and started to work with a company of emerald with Japanese people even though she wasn’t old enough to work. She had finished high school early and decided she wanted to leave the country. She got papers that said she didn’t live with her parents so she could manage to leave the country since she was under age. She went to Japan and decided to go to college there. She only knew Spanish and very Basic English but that didn’t let her come in her way. She learned Japanese and got accepted in a college but didn’t manage to graduate since the college found out that she didn’t have prove that she had finish high school since she left a couple of weeks before she got to graduate. She went back to Colombia and stayed there for a while. Her mother moved to an island and so did she. When she got there her mother told her she found her a job at a house but she told her mother that she wasn’t going to live her life cleaning houses that she was going to do whatever she wanted and life her life to the fullest.
She told me that you can become anyone you want and that the only person that can ever stop you from reaching a goal is yourself. Also that, if you don’t believe in yourself why would any one else believe in you? She told me this after the first appearance I had while participating in Miss Curacao Teenager. I was feeling quite insecure and thought that I wouldn’t even get to the semifinals. After that talk I thought about it and realized she was right. My goal was that I will get to be the one of the 5 semifinalist and that I will respond the answer in Papiamentu and that’s exactly what happened. Not only was I one of the semifinalist but I was the first semifinalist.
Every day before I go to sleep I think about that conversation, and I go through every day thinking that I can do the same as anyone else if not better if I decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment