Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dear Soldier of the North-Wael kaddoura

Dear Soldier of the North,
I just came back home after our bloody encounter in Gettysburg. I thank god that I lived through the battle with out even a scratch on me. During the three days of battle, I think I saw you once or twice. Thank god that I didn’t have to face you on the battle field, I wouldn’t know what to do. Our leader, General Robert Lee, did not know what he was doing. He brought 75,000 troops to go against your 97,000 troops; to me this battle looked like a death wish. Our infantry wasn’t strong and our artillery either. We were getting pounded by your artillery. You guys had 12 pound balls as we had 10 pound balls. That is probably the reason you guys won. The thing I hate most about going through this war is the crummy food. I eat the same things everyday at the same time and to tell you the truth it taste horrible. Same thing, hardtack with dried beef or slated pork. Every once and a while we would get some nuts. The best food was the apples and peaches we would get. The best I have ever had. I had to sleep in those tiny “dog tents”. It really doesn’t help much. The only thing it does is block the wind from hitting you dead on. My body is still sore from all the pounding I got from you guys, and my uniform didn’t make it any better. When the uniform got wet it would turn black making it heavier and much easier to target.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Your brother from the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment