Thursday, December 3, 2009

Battle of Chattanooga letter to Fred

Dear Fred,

It has been so long since I've met you. Haven't even gotten time to ask you how is it going with you and your family. I think I write letters to you more often since we don't have that much training taking place. I tell you these wars are just killing men. Why doesn't the union just agree to give us state rights and get it over with or let us just be a country on our own?

So, just last week all of us troops got separated throughout the region of Chattanooga by the command of our Major General Edmund Kirby Smith. They've been talking of all possible tactics to secure this region so, I've heard. So we are getting the guns prepared after dinner tonight but we are just a couple of men because of our divisions. Though, right now I am wondering what we are going to have for dinner tonight because I didn't get to see what vegetables came from the plantation today.

Well, now I have to say we've been living this way for a long time now. Yet, still these slaves don't understand that them working for us is their best option. Look, they are ready to betray us all the time. Us Whites, we hate betrayal and betrayers. Now I have to go because another slave tried to run away just now. Bye.
Your brother,
Barney

No comments:

Post a Comment