Sunday, December 13, 2009

Inspiration




In the world, there are a lot of people who do inspiring things. Everyday I have a new person that I look up to, but recently I started looking up to an 18-year-old girl who went from being a regular teen to America’s Next Top Model. Allow me to introduce my hero, Nicole Fox.

Nicole Fox, a dorky, red headed girl was one of the 14 finalists of America’s Next Top Model, cycle 13. She came form Louisville, Colorado. She is a student and graduated from Monarch High School. She is now a sophomore at the University of Colorado at Boulder and she is majoring in fine arts.
Nicole became the winner of cycle 13. This cycle was especially for petite girls under 5’7”. Nicole is exactly 5’7”.
As the winner, Nicole received a $100,000 contract with CoverGirl and a representation contract with Wilhelmina Models. She will also be on the cover of Seventeen Magazine and gets a six page spread in the magazine.

Nicole is an inspiration to me because she worked hard and reached her goal. She was a “dorky” girl and became America’s Next Top Model. Also, Nicole is an inspiration to me because she is a model and only 5’7”. Most models today are 5’9” and above, so 5’7” is short. I’m 5’8”.

While watching cycle 13 of America’s Next Top Model (ANTM), I was already inspired by Nicole. She had a different and daring style and look. It’s safe for me to say that the camera just loves her.

During the entire cycle, Nicole has worked hard to become America’s Next Top Model. I believe that if you work hard enough, you can get what you want. To me, Nicole worked very hard and therefore got what she wanted: becoming a top model. Working hard to get what I want is something I like to do a lot. Even if I have to stress and do the impossible, if I can reach my goal by working for it, I’m doing it.
I’m also very interested in modeling and fashion, but when I see some of those models now, I feel kind of short. Nicole has shown me that being short doesn’t matter to be a top model, and she is an inch shorter then I am.

Hopefully someday I will get the honor of sharing the runway with Nicole. This is one thing I will work hard for.


Stephanie van Romondt
History 10b

No comments:

Post a Comment