Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gustavo Dudamel



Dear Mr. Kinzer,
The man I choose as my inspiration is called Gustavo Dudamel. Yes, he is Venezuelan, what can I say, I have pride for my nation! First of all, I think I have to tell you a little bit about him. He was born in Barquisimeto, Venezuela, 1981. He started his music career at the age of ten, were he started to play the violin. At the age of seventeen he continued his music director studies with Jose Antonio Abreu, and was named the Music Director of The Simon Bolivar Youth Orchestra of Venezuela. This orchestra is globally known thanks to him. To be honest apart from Beauty Pagans, this is for me Venezuela’s biggest goal to be proud of.

For me I’m not only proud that these two men formed a talented orchestra, and have it traveling worldwide. To me Abreu is an inspiration because he started this program, not with wealthy children, and teens, but with people from very remote parts of Venezuela that didn’t even know the rest of the world existed. He has changed the lives of many Venezuelans, while the government didn’t even bother to see what was happening, until they travel outside the country’s borders. Dudamel is also an inspiration to me because he changed that old protocol in the music world. Where the director would just stand and direct, and the musicians just played, and you felt like sleeping. What do I mean; being so young and talented he brings a different air to the musicians and the public. I speak with experience, when you see him conduct, he moves everywhere, he jumps, and he makes the musicians stand up! You could say he brings Latin Flavor! This tells me that new fresh minds like Duhamel’s, and old traditions like Abreu can actually bring good to the world! For me it doesn’t mean, I’m going to be a musician, because well I don’t see myself in that life, but if a team like that can change at least the lives of many people, so can I!
The Venezuelan,
Adriana Baiz

No comments:

Post a Comment