Saturday, February 6, 2010

Britain take away India Caste System (Phaedra)

I have mixed feelings about this topic, because I feel a great deal of respect to all religions and their views, so I think that other people should do the same. And for Britain to pass laws to reform the caste system, is somewhat disrespectful. Yes, I don't agree with the way it is set up, but maybe that's how they want it to be. On the other hand, although I respect the caste system I do not agree with it. One main thing I think is unfair is the fact that you can't change the caste you are in, you can't go higher or lower (unless it is the king or administrations order). And that isn't really fair in the sense that if I'm an untouchable and I work my butt of to provide for my kids, maybe open a business or two, even though I work for all of this, I still won't be eligible to be nothing else than an untouchable, just because I was born one.

No comments:

Post a Comment